Nutritionists say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many Singaporeans may not have too much time in the morning to prepare a good breakfast.
To save time, we have listed 10 healthy breakfast recipes that can be prepared within 30 minutes or less. Believe it or not, some even takes less than 30 minutes!
1. Oatmeal pancake:
This is a healthy combination of eggs and oats. It takes approximately 10 minutes to prepare. The ingredients required are 2 eggs, cinnamon, quarter a cup of oats and half a cup of cheese. The following is the procedure:
- Whisk the eggs and add the oats.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Use the cheese and cinnamon as a topping.
The result is a delicious and healthy oatmeal pancake full of protein and fibre.
2. Green berry smoothie which is low on sugar:
This breakfast recipe is low on sugar and has a lot of greens. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare and has a rich variety of nutrients. The ingredients needed are a piece of avocado, some spinach, strawberries, blueberries, kale, almond milk, and some almond butter.
The procedure for this healthy breakfast is simply to blend all the ingredients together. The result is a healthy smoothie full of nutrients that is ideal to jump start the day.
3. Avocado and egg baked together:
This is yet another healthy breakfast that can be prepared in 15 minutes. The ingredients needed are an avocado (cut in half), 2 eggs, salt and pepper. The procedure is described below:
- Preheat the oven.
- Scoop out the middle part of the avocado to create enough room for the egg.
- Fill each half avocado with egg and then sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Bake the half avocados in the oven for 15 minutes.
The result is a delicious healthy breakfast which contains proteins, several vitamins and healthy avocado oil.
4. Strawberry and vegetable smoothie:
This is a delicious strawberry smoothie which is full of healthy fat and fibre. It takes approximately 5 minutes to make this breakfast. The ingredients are strawberries, cauliflower, zucchini, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, nut butter, some ice, and some vanilla protein powder.
All these ingredients are simply blended together to make a healthy smoothie. This type of breakfast will give the consumer plenty of energy in the morning.
5. Eggs with beans and tomatoes:
This delicious and nutritious breakfast takes only 10 minutes to prepare. The ingredients are eggs, black pepper, olive oil, tomatoes, white canned beans and some toasted bread.
The procedure is given below:
- Beat the eggs in a small quantity of water with salt and pepper.
- Cook the beans and tomatoes in some oil for 2 minutes.
- Cook the eggs in the oil for 2 minutes.
The eggs can be served together with the tomatoes and beans on the toast.
6. Avocado on toast:
Who doesn’t love avocados? This meal only takes 5 minutes to prepare. The ingredients are an avocado, toasted bread, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. This combination of foods gives an excellent mixture of vitamin C, fibre, and beneficial oils. The procedure is simple and it includes the following:
- Mash the avocado on the toast.
- Top up the oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper.
This is can be enjoyed as a satisfying breakfast.
7. Poached eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms:
This recipe has a great combination of vitamins, healthy fats and protein. It takes 30 minutes to prepare. The ingredients needed are vinegar, olive oil, tomatoes, salt, black pepper, mushrooms, thyme, eggs, toast and chives. The procedure is as follows:
- Heat the water and vinegar.
- Cook the tomatoes in oil with salt and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Cook the mushrooms and thyme in oil with salt and pepper for 7 minutes.
- Crack the eggs and slide them into the hot water. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
Put the mixture of eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, chives, salt and pepper on the toast. The consumer will be able to enjoy the rich taste of this meal.
8. Cinnamon and coconut yogurt:
This only takes 2 minutes to prepare. The ingredients are yogurt, coconut butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, and cinnamon.
The simple procedure is that the coconut butter and shredded coconut is stirred into the yogurt. The cinnamon is then sprinkled on top to give it a wonderful flavour.
9. A healthy fruit smoothie:
This type of breakfast is great for the digestive system. It takes only 5 minutes to prepare. The ingredients are banana, avocado, and greens. All these ingredients are blended together thoroughly. The result is a healthy, non-fattening smoothie.
10. Smoked salmon on toast:
This healthy breakfast recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare. The ingredients are toast, cheese, sliced tomatoes, onions, fresh dill, black pepper, and salmon.
The procedure is very simple:
- Spread the cheese on the toast with the onions and tomatoes.
- Put the capers and dill on top, then sprinkle the pepper. Bake toast for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper for taste and bake it for 12 to 15 minutes. Put on toast.
This meal is rich in omega oils as well as proteins and vitamin C.